It is hard to believe we are already at Week 7 of the NFL season. The grueling season has taken its toll on several key players from a fantasy football perspective. This week is no different. What makes this week so tough is the fact that there are six teams on a bye so potential help on the waiver wire is slim. Instead of ten players cracking this list we are going with five this week. So without further adieu, here is the Week 7 edition of the walking wounded for fantasy football.
Play free fantasy basketball at Fleaflicker where you can sign up your league, join a league or move your commissioner based league over with ease.
The Ultimate Start / Sit Tool - Get It Now!
1. DeMarco Murray (RB-DAL). It feels like déjà vu all over again as Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray is hurt again. After sustaining a foot injury, he missed practice again on Thursday and is expected to be out for Week 7 in Carolina. This is very bad timing since the matchup against the Panthers is so favorable. All this means is that you should be rushing out to grab Felix Jones if for some reason no one else has already. Right now there is no way to know how long Murray will be out, but it is possible that this could turn into an extended absence.
2. Trent Richardson (RB-CLE). Browns rookie running back Trent Richardson sustained a rib cartilage injury last week against the Bengals and missed out on some scoring opportunities late in the game. He has returned to practice this week and should play against the Colts which is a great matchup for him. However, if there are any lingering issues with his injury, Richardson could share some of his workload with backups Montario Hardesty and Chris Ogbonnaya. Unless he is ruled out of the game, he should be in your lineup this weekend regardless of any limitations that may exist.
3. Vincent Jackson (WR-TB). In his first season in Tampa Bay, Vincent Jackson has re-emerged as a viable fantasy wide receiver. He is currently listed as questionable with a calf injury and has been limited in practice this week. It would be surprising if he didn’t play this weekend against the Saints, so keep him active because New Orleans has been awful on defense against opponents’ passing attacks.
Have an iPhone or iPad? Get the #1 selling fantasy football tool this season! Fantasy Alarm's award winning 2012 Fantasy Football App!
4. Jimmy Graham (TE-NO). Saints tight end Jimmy Graham sustained an ankle injury a couple weeks ago and has now finally returned to practice on a limited basis. New Orleans’ coaching staff has indicated that Graham doesn’t have to practice to be ready for a game, so it appears as though he should be in the lineup this weekend against Tampa Bay. It is disconcerting that the injury has taken this long to heal, but Graham is an elite tight end and still presents a viable fantasy option even if he is not 100%.
5. Ahmad Bradshaw (RB-NYG). There was a lot of concern about Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw who missed some practice time this week with a foot injury sustained last week against the 49ers. However, Bradshaw assured everyone that someone stepped on his foot and it has nothing to do with the previous stress fracture he suffered last year. Bradshaw has been on a roll lately and looks to continue his previous success against the Redskins who have an improved run defense. With Andre Brown’s concussion issues and a lack of complete trust in rookie David Wilson, Bradshaw is still the man with the heavy workload and should be in your lineup this week.
Listen to The Fantasy Alarm Show Saturday 10 PM- 1 AM EST, Sunday 7 PM to 10 PM EST and Wednesday 11:00 PM EST to 1:00 AM EST on SiriusXM Fantasy Sports Radio XM channel 87/Sirius 210.
IDP Report Week 8
In the Trenches: Fantasy Football Preview of Thursday's Carolina Panthers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Week 8 NFL Weather Report 2013
Post Week 7: Fantasy Football Pass Targets
In the Trenches: Murphy's Law Kicks Owners in the Fantasy Footballs
2013 Fantasy Football Weekly Recaps: Week 7
In the Trenches: NFL Week 7 Fantasy Starts & Sits By the Numbers
IDP Report Week 7
Week 7 NFL Weather Report
In the Trenches: Last-Minute Fantasy Look at Seattle vs Arizona
Post Week 6: Fantasy Football Pass Targets
2013 Fantasy Football Injury Report: Jimmy Graham, DeMarco Murray & More
In the Trenches: Will This Dog Hunt?
In The Trenches: Week 7 Matchups
2013 Fantasy Football Weekly Rankings: Week 7
In the Trenches: Fantasy Football's Busted Backs
In The Trenches: The Tight End Position
2013 Fantasy Football Weekly Recaps: Week 6
In The Trenches: Last-Minute Fantasy Football Start/Sit Thoughts for NFL Week 6
2013 Fantasy Football Injury Report: Julio Jones, Cecil Shorts & More